First consultation free

AU309/100 Partner Visa - Offshore

📞 +61 414 027 102


This visa lets the De Facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia. Getting a 309 Partner Provisional (offshore)visa is the first step toward a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100) offshore.

🙋‍♂️ How to apply for this Service?

🪜 Click and complete the following 5 steps in the given order :

👮‍♀️ Once the above steps are completed, the service provider will be in touch with you through the built in case messaging system.

💼 Registration Fee: AUD 10

📝 Service Fee: AUD 3900

📞 Consultation Fee: AUD 99 per hour (only charged if you require consultation)

Addtional Information

Immigration department charges are not included in our visa service fees.

📚 Service Information

Partner Visa in Australia (100+ Visas assisted by SSA Migration)

With the exception of a couple who can establish that they have been in a ‘long-term partner relationship’, partner applicants must first obtain a provisional or temporary permit granting temporary residence (309 offshore or 820 onshore – depending on location). After two years after submitting, Home Affairs begins to assess the second stage (100 offshore or 801onshore). Provided you meet further criteria (ongoing and genuine relationship), the permanent residence may be granted.

De facto (Partner) Eligibility

The Partner or de factor visa allows people who are in a relationship (including same-sex relationships) with an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident to emigrate to Australia. The relationship should have existed for a full 12 months prior to applying. That is to be able to demonstrate that you have been living together for at least 12 months prior to lodging the application.

Book an Appointment with SSA Migration Partner Visa Expert.

Spouse Visa

A Spouse Visa (also known as a Partner Visa), is based on marriage, as opposed to a de facto partner relationship. This also includes marriages of the same-gender relationships. As a couple, you must be legally married, and be in a genuine relationship. You must also show you have a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others. Being married can “replace” the 12-month living together requirement strictly imposed on de facto relationships. You must still demonstrate you are in a genuine relationship despite being married.

Partner Sponsorship

All people applying to migrate to Australia as a Partner (whether they apply inside or outside Australia) must be sponsored. The sponsor gives a written undertaking to provide the applicant/s with support for their first two years in Australia, including accommodation and financial assistance as required to meet their reasonable living needs. You must be sponsored by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. The sponsor must be 18 years or over. Partner applicants must also be sponsored by their partner in Australia. If the Australian partner is under 18 years of age, the applicant can be sponsored by their partner’s parent or guardian.


  • Be in a genuine relationship with your spouse or de facto partner who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand, citizen
  • Have sufficient and comprehensive evidence to support your claims
  • Be outside of Australia at the time of application and decision
  • Not had a visa canceled or an application refused
  • Meet De facto or marriage requirements
  • Meet the 12-month requirement (De Facto only), unless eligible for it to be waived
  • Have an eligible sponsor who is not barred to sponsor you
  • Meet Australia’s Health & Character requirements
  • Satisfy all other visa requirements


  • Stay in Australia temporarily, until the Department decides on your permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100)
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
  • Attend up to 510 hours of free English language classes provided by the Adult Migrant English Program
  • Include family members


Click 309/100 for more information about this visa.

SSA Migration Consultancy (Australia)

Book an Appointment with SSA Migration Partner Visa Expert.


📞 +61-414 027 102 (AU)

☎️ +61 03 9014 9400 (AU)

📞 +91 96131 00002 (IN)

📞 +1 (289) 933 1011 (CA)

SSA Migration Offices: Australia | Canada | New Zealand | India

SSA Migration has successfully lodged over 2000 visas in Australia.

Interested in more information?
Book a free consultation

Fill out the simple form below and we will get in touch with you.

Service: Partner Visa - Offshore

Please provide as much detail as possible so we can assist you in the best possible manner.

Frequently Asked Questions

In what location should I be to be able to apply for a Partner (subclass 309) Visa


Does the Sponsor need to be offshore as well when I apply for the visa


Can I be in Australia for the decision


What if I am not married to my Australian spouse and we haven’t lived together for 12 months


What is the pathway to Permanent Residency with this visa


Can I travel to Australia whilst I am awaiting a decision on a Partner (subclass 309) visa


Can I get Medicare after applying Partner Visa ?