Update on NSW 491 Nomination Requirements
Published 10 Nov 2023 / Updated 10 Nov 2023
NSW has released information on FY2023-24 SC491 nomination requirements.
- Occupation: All occupations on the Skilled Occupation List are eligible.
- Residency: You must be either currently residing in NSW and have continuously resided in NSW for a minimum period of three months OR offshore and have continuously resided offshore for a minimum period of three months.
- EOI: Your EOI must be exclusively Subclass 491 and seeking nomination from NSW only. Your EOI Submission date has no impact on the chances of you being invited.
There are two pathways to NSW nomination for this visa:
Pathway 1 (Onshore Only): Apply directly to Investment NSW if you have an established work history with a regional NSW-based employer.
- Submit Your EOI: If you meet the criteria, submit an EOI in SkillSelect, specifically requesting NSW nomination for this visa only. Note: Your qualifying employment must be listed in your EOI.
- Apply For Nomination: Apply for NSW nomination using online application form (available soon).
- Wait For Your Nomination Assessment: Your application will typically be assessed within six weeks after payment.
Pathway 2 (Onshore and Offshore) : Be invited to apply by Investment NSW.
NSW nomination for this visa under Pathway 2 is exceptionally competitive. NSW will prioritise EOIs in occupations that fall under key industry sectors—health, education, ICT, infrastructure and agriculture - during the invitation rounds.
- Submit Your EOI: If you meet the criteria, submit an EOI in SkillSelect, specifically requesting NSW nomination for this visa only. Should you be invited to apply, you'll need to support every point claim in your EOI with valid (i.e. non-expired) documentation.
- Be Invited: NSW holds invitation rounds ongoing throughout the financial year. All EOIs that meet the guidelines are considered, but preference is given to occupations in NSW target sectors. Important: because of the exceptionally high demand for NSW nomination, we strongly encourage anyone considering NSW nomination to explore all other migration pathways and not wait to be invited.
Note on RDA Pathway for Offshore Applicants
NSW Pathway 1 Stream B (RDA) stream is not available (at the moment). It is unclear if and when the RDA stream will open. This means offshore candidates only have the option of applying under Pathway 2 (Direct EOI), which is an extremely competitive pathway and prioritises health, education, ICT, infrastructure and agriculture sector applicants.
🍀 Read complete update here.
We offer consultation
Lets explore your subclass 189, 190 and 491 state nomination and visa options and maximise your chances of success.Book appointment ($49) → via Zoom (from anywhere in the world)
What do we offer ?
📭 You may like these blog posts